2.21.2011

Backyard Bridal Shower- [Blue & Green]

Last summer, my mom hosted a bridal shower in our back yard.  My parents along with Rachel's parents, Rachel's fiancee's parents and one other couple have been part of a bible study for over 30 years.  It was fun for my mom to host a shower honoring such close family friends.

Here are some of the details that went into the day.  My sisters, mom and I love planning events and parties, and this was such a happy break from planning my wedding!  We went with a blue and lime green theme for the day (some of their wedding colors).

My mom actually won a candy buffet from Ali at Iced Events.  She did such a wonderful job and was so sweet!  It turned out adorable!



These big letters were found at Hobby Lobby but we spray painted them white and attached green and white striped ribbon.  Then they were hung on the tree next to the candy buffet. 
These tissue paper balls are actually left over from my sister Kristina's wedding.  They were the big project so we're glad we could reuse them without remaking them. The pearled "S" was found at Michaels.
The table setting- My mom had originally bought potted gerberra daisies but we didn't like the clunkiness of the pot, so we swapped the pot for a cute silver julep vases- also left from Kristina's wedding.

The favors were Vera Bradley notepads.  Name cards were cut from pieces of stationary and slipped into the elastic band of the notepad.


 Each napkin was tied with a spunky ribbon and a "diamond" ring.  Only Rachel got the major bling, the others were smaller but still fun and from the Dollar Tree.
My sister's Cricut can do amazing things, including this adorable banner.

My sister Trisha, made the table cloth overlays- I think they turned out perfect!
All the women gathered around to see the opening of the gifts.
Don't those look yummy?

Maybe it's just that were in the dulldrums of February, but I am sooo antsy for warmer weather! 

2 comments:

  1. how lovely! i loveeeee throwing parties, so i delight in new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty party! I love how everything was just so done up! Especially the candy table. I bet your guests were just lovin' that :)

    ReplyDelete